Shrimp Ceviche is an easy, no cook and delicious appetizer, snack or side dish that’s totally AIP friendly. It makes a big batch too so it’s great for a party. Your friends will never know it’s Paleo let alone AIP.
Would believe that this AIP Shrimp Ceviche recipe is part of our Thanksgiving menu? Traditional holiday food is usually very rich. It’s the one dish where we go completely off the rails and put our spin on the traditional menu. It’s light, fresh and delicious. It’s a crowd pleaser and always the first dish to go.
This dish isn’t just a favorite at Thanksgiving. It’s a really easy dish to make any time of the year. It has a lot of advantages. You can make it in advance and it actually tastes better when it has a little time to sit and the flavors can marinate. There is absolutely no cooking required. So when it’s hot and uncomfortable and you don’t feel like cooking, this Shrimp Ceviche is the dish.
AIP Shrimp Ceviche
- 1 pound Shrimp cooked and chopped into 1/2” pieces (See notes if you only have access to raw shrimp)
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 cup Lime Juice 4-6 limes
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice 2-3 lemons
- 1 cup Red Onion finely chopped
- 1 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 Cucumber peeled and diced into 1/4” pieces
- 1-2 Avocados cut into 1/2” chunks
- Add the shrimp to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the salt and then pour the lime and lemon juice over the shrimp.
- Next add the red onion, cilantro and cucumber to the bowl and toss.
- Place the bowl in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Fold in the avocados and then serve.
If you like this recipe, be sure to share it on Pinterest or leave a comment below!