I’m a pickle person. My husband regularly finds me standing in the kitchen with my head in the fridge, eating pickles out of the jar. It’s a tart and refreshing snack that I love. Making pickles at home doesn’t have to involve any sort of canning equipment beyond a mason jar.
You can easily make quick pickled red onions with just five ingredients and a little time in the refrigerator. They taste delicious on their own, in salads or sandwiches. I’ve got a salad recipe in the works so stay tuned. . .
Easy Pickled Red Onions
- 1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Red Onion very thinly sliced
- Place the vinegars, water, honey, and salt in a jar with a tight fitting lid such as a mason jar and then shake until well combined.
- Add the sliced red onions.
- Refrigerate at least 24 hours or longer for best flavor.
- Serve in salads, sandwiches or straight out of the jar.