Please note that this recipe is not AIP/Paleo. However, I’m looking forward to changing the recipe to make it compliant soon.
There are no words to describe how good this cheesecake tastes. It’s about as close as you’re going to get to traditional cheesecake. The flavor and texture is amazingly close for not having any eggs. I like the taste of tofu so I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to pass it off as cheesecake. We had a bunch of people over to for appetizers and drinks with the cheesecake as the dessert. We had a few picky eaters in the bunch so I wanted to see if they would notice. Everyone ate it up and then asked for seconds. When I saw one of my friends gobbling it up, I asked if he liked tofu. As he was about to take another bite, he told me that he’d never had tofu. His wife chimed in and let him know that the cheesecake was mostly tofu. When word got out, everyone was stunned which was a big compliment.
The blueberries are a subtle flavor but sweet. You can add a ton of sugar into a dish but there’s nothing like biting into a naturally sweet berry. It’s a burst of natural sugar.
Egg Free Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake
- 3 cups Graham Crackers crushed
- 2/3 cup Butter melted
- 2 cups Firm Tofu drained
- 2 tablespoons Gelatin Powder
- 1/2 cup Boiling Water
- 1 cup Cream cheese room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Soy Milk
- 1 1/4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Vanilla Bean guts carefully slice the bean and then remove the insides with the dull side of a knife
- 18 ounces Blueberries
- Additional blueberries for serving optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Flip bottom of a 9 inch springform pan so lip is facing down, then lock in place.
- Stir together all crust ingredients in a bowl and then pour into the pan.
- Press onto the bottom of the pan. Bake until set, 15 minutes, then cool completely for about 45 minutes.
- Puree 1/2 of the blueberries and leave the other 1/2 whole.
- In a food processor, blend cream cheese, tofu, sour cream, milk, powdered sugar and vanilla till very smooth.
- Sprinkle the gelatin powder over the boiling water in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the gelatin mixture to cream cheese mixture and blend well.
- Pour 3/4 cream cheese mixture into one bowl and 1/4 to another.
- Pour the blueberry puree into the 1/4 plain filling and mix well.
- Next fold the blueberries into blueberry mixture.
- Spoon the plain and blueberry cream cheese filling alternately into pan, till all the mixtures are used up and gently shake the pan a little.
- To make swirls, gently run a chopstick in circular motion.
- Chill cake in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- For perfect slices, cut cheesecake with a hot knife.
Sponsored Post: While I received payment and product from Driscoll’s for this post the recipes, thoughts and opinions are my own.