If you’re looking for a pineapple cocktail, then this Pineapple Whiskey Punch is the one. They are no syrupy mixes, just fresh ingredients (maple syrup, mint, pineapple) used in this drink. Whether you decide to make it for just one or 10, everyone will love it!
Please note that whiskey is not compliant with the AIP diet. Liquor isn’t really Paleo either. According to The Paleo Mom, alcohol can disrupt your gut microbiome. [source] So please drink responsibly and in moderation. If you’re looking for an AIP friendly drink try my Non-Alcoholic Sangria.
I used Templeton Whiskey because it’s relatively smooth so the alcohol doesn’t hit you in the face. It’s very tropical and light so it’s a nice drink for a variety of drinkers. I know that whiskey isn't for everyone but I think most people would be surprised that whiskey is the alcohol used in this drink. Templeton is just that good and the flavors perfectly matched. Whatever whiskey you use make sure it good quality.
The recipe for individual servings is prepared slightly differently than the large batch. The individual recipe was created to make it easy and approachable for just a few guests when you’re making the drink one at a time.
I was super excited to use my mason jar cocktail shaker when I was making the individual recipe. It was given to us for our wedding and it works perfectly. I've had cocktail shakers in the past that leaked or just didn't seal properly which makes them totally useless. Please note that you don't need the cocktail shaker when making the large batch recipe.
If you’re hosting a party, you can easily make this for a crowd. You can make the large batch version in advance and just keep the mixture refrigerated to keep it cold. When you are ready to serve, just give it a stir and add the pineapple. The pineapple will act like ice cubes without watering down the drink. Plus people can eat the fresh pineapple like sangria. For a holiday party, I would probably serve it in a punch bowl but for a summer party it would be nice served in a pitcher or drink dispenser.
I’ve included the recipes for just one and for a party (serves ten) below.
Pineapple Whiskey Punch
- Cocktail Shaker
- 5 ounces Pineapple Juice
- 1 ounce Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 5 Mint Leaves
- 2 ounces Whiskey
- Pineapple chunks for garnish
- Add the pineapple juice, lemon juice, maple syrup and mint leaves to a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle the mint in the liquid.
- Add the whiskey and then shake.
- Strain the liquid into a serving glass.
- Add ice and pineapple chunks to serve.
Keep reading . . . I've included the large batch recipe below.
Pineapple Whiskey Punch (large batch)
- Cocktail Shaker
- 1 bunch Mint Leaves
- 1 1/4 cups Lemon Juice
- 6 1/4 cups Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 1/2 cups Whiskey
- 1 Pineapple peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- Place the pineapple in a freezer to create pineapple ice cubes. That way you don’t have ice watering down your punch.
- Combine the mint and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle the mint in the lemon juice.
- Shake the cocktail shaker and then strain out the mint while pouring the liquid into a large pitcher. You'll need a pitcher that holds about 11 cups of liquid.
- Add the pineapple juice and maple syrup into the pitcher as well.
- Stir until the maple syrup has dissolved.
- Add the whiskey and stir until combined.
- When you are ready to serve, add the pineapple from the freezer.
Do you like pineapple cocktails? Let me know in the comments below or share this recipe on pinterest.