If stone fruit is in season in your area, then you should take advantage by making this simple and delicious Roasted Apricots with Blackberry Sage Syrup recipe. It's so decadent even though it's made entirely from items you can get your farmers market. No chocolate here!Roasting fruit caramelizes the sugar, which makes it extra sweet and juicy. If you haven’t tried it then I highly suggest you try this recipe (or my Grilled Peaches). As if the apricots weren’t enough then the honey syrup with raspberries and sage will win you over. We ate this right out of the dish for dessert after my Herb Rubbed Slow Cooker Whole Chicken but it would be fantastic over a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Roasted Apricots with Blackberry Sage Syrup
- 7 Fresh Apricots halved and pit removed
- 8 Blackberries
- 2 Fresh Sage leaves
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Baked the apricots in two ramekins for about 10 minutes. You can also use a shallow baking dish if you don’t have ramekins.
- Meanwhile you can make the apricot glaze by mushing the blackberries in a small saucepan.
- Next add the sage, honey and water then bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for about 10 minutes or until the liquid has thickened.
- Remove the sage leaves before drizzling over the roasted apricots.