This mushroom recipe doesn’t require chopping. This makes my life so easy. Slicing mushrooms is so tedious. I love it. I also love this recipe. The mushrooms are essentially little sponges so they soak up the garlic, thyme and wine. It tastes amazing!
Since mushrooms are little sponges, do not rinse them in water to clean them. They end up just absorbing the water and diluting the flavor of the dish. To clean mushrooms, all you need to do it use a paper towel to remove any dirt or debris that you can see.
Wine Braised Mushrooms (Vegan, AIP)
These button mushrooms are braised in wine and Italian seasonings for an easy and delicious side dish. It’s great for everyone that’s looking for a flavorful mushroom side dish and fit those on a vegan, autoimmune protocol (AIP) and paleo diet.
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 pints White Mushrooms
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Pepper optional for AIP, AIP Reintroduction
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasonings
- 1/2 cup White Wine AIP Reintroduction
- Parsley chopped (for garnish, optional)
- Add the olive oil to a dutch oven.
- Next add the garlic to the pan and sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Add the salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings then stir to combine.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and give a stir to coat the spice and garlic mixture coats the mushrooms.
- Add the wine while stirring to evenly coat the mushrooms with the wine mixture from the pan.
- Once the broth is boiling, turn down the heat to medium and let slowly boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat then add salt and pepper and then garnish with parsley (if using) and serve.
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 311mg | Potassium: 1175mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 21IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2mg
Twana Kirkpatrick says
What’s Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I've found It positively helpful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & aid other users like its aided me. Great job.
This is a great mushroom recipe - Yum!