Pan Fried Cod with Oregano and Parsley Dressing
Light cod dish with very flavorful and fresh dressing of oregano and parsley. It’s different but utterly delicious. This recipe is gluten, dairy, shellfish, nut, egg, and soy free, suits the autoimmune protocol diet (AIP) and paleo diets.
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Oregano chopped
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus additional for cooking
- 1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt plus additional for fish
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Pepper plus additional for fish optional for AIP, AIP Reintroduction
- 1 pound Cod Fillets
To make the dressing, combine the oregano, parsley, oil, vinegar and honey into a mason jar or small bowl.
Shake the jar or whisk to combine then set aside.
Dry off the fish fillets with a paper towel then season with salt and pepper.
Add 1-2 tablespoons into a frying pan to coat the pan.
Add the fish once the oil is hot and fry on each side for 2-4 minutes per side. The fish should be flakey when done.
Remove the fish from the heat and then plate.
Give the dressing a shake or whisk to make sure the ingredients are combined then drizzle the dressing over the fish.
Serving: 1fillet | Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 66mg | Potassium: 532mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 362IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 2mg