Turkey and Mushroom Lettuce Wrap
These Turkey and Mushroom Lettuce Wraps are a healthy easy one pot dinner dish. This recipe is allergy friendly (gluten, dairy, nut, egg, soy and shellfish free) and suits the autoimmune protocol (AIP) and paleo diets.
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds Ground Turkey
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic cloves minced
- 4 Green Onions thinly sliced
- 1 pound Button Mushrooms chopped
- 1 8 oz can Sliced Water Chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Marsala Wine optional for AIP
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce 2 tablespoons if omitting wine
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper optional for AIP
- 1 bunch Cilantro leaves chopped
- 12 Butter Lettuce leaves 1 to 2 heads of lettuce
Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
Add the turkey and cook until just browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the turkey as it cooks.
Remove the turkey from the pan, add another tablespoon of olive oil and then add the onions and garlic to the pan.
Cook until translucent, about 30 seconds to a minute.
Next add the mushrooms, wine, rice vinegar and fish sauce.
Cook for another 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Last, add the water chestnuts and the ground meat back into the pan, and then let cook for a few minutes until the liquid has reduced.
Stir in cilantro then season with salt and pepper, to taste.
To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the beef mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 493kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 98g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 218mg | Sodium: 567mg | Potassium: 1694mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1743IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 4mg