Carrot Ginger Soup
This simple but flavorful Instant Pot Carrot Ginger Soup uses just a few fresh ingredients to create a delicious and healthy dish. This recipe is allergy friendly (gluten, dairy, shellfish, nut, egg, and soy free) and suits the autoimmune protocol diet (AIP), paleo, and whole30 diets.
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion roughly chopped
- 1 pound Carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs Thyme removed from stem and chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
- 5 cups Bone Broth Homemade is best!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh Ginger about 2 inches, finely chopped
- Coconut Milk or Cream to serve (optional)
- Fresh Chives for garnish (optional)
- Ground Pepper to serve (optional AIP Introduction)
In the instant pot, add the olive oil, onions, carrots, garlic, fresh thyme, bone broth and ginger.
Stir to combine and then close the lid.
Let pressure cook for 10 minutes. Making sure that the knob is in the sealing position.
Once it’s finished cooking, wait 10 minutes then switch then switch to venting (quick release).
Once the stopper has dropped, then remove the top.
Using an immersion blender, puree the soup.
Season the soup with salt and ground pepper (AIP Reintroduction).
Serve the immediately with a few tablespoons of coconut milk or cream and chives (optional).
- To make this recipe on the stove top, in a large Dutch oven or sauce pot over medium-low heat, sauté the onions until translucent. Stirring frequently for about 10 minutes. Next add the garlic, ginger and thyme. Cook for about 30 seconds. Add the carrots and about 2 cups of the stock. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to low then cover the pot and let it simmer for about 20 minutes or until the carrots are completely cooked through. Use an immersion blender or a blender (in batches) to puree the soup until smooth. Finally add the remaining 3 cups of stock and cook until the soup is completely heated through, about 10 minutes or so.
- No need to worry about how you chop the ingredients as they all get pureed.
- You'll need an immersion blender or high speed blender for this recipe. Here is the exact immersion blender and high speed blender that I use.
- You'll need an instant pot for this recipe. Click here for the exact version I use.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 128mg | Potassium: 276mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 12645IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg