AIP Shrimp Ceviche
Shrimp Ceviche is an easy, no cook and oh so delicious appetizer, snack or side dish that’s totally AIP friendly. This recipe suits the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) and Paleo diets.
Servings: 4 cups
- 1 pound Shrimp cooked and chopped into 1/2” pieces (See notes if you only have access to raw shrimp)
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 1/2 cup Lime Juice 4-6 limes
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice 2-3 lemons
- 1 cup Red Onion finely chopped
- 1 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 Cucumber peeled and diced into 1/4” pieces
- 1-2 Avocados cut into 1/2” chunks
Add the shrimp to a large bowl.
Sprinkle the salt and then pour the lime and lemon juice over the shrimp.
Next add the red onion, cilantro and cucumber to the bowl and toss.
Place the bowl in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Fold in the avocados and then serve.
If you have raw shrimp, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook for a few minutes or until cooked. Remove from the pan and add to a bowl of ice water to cool.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 4379mg | Potassium: 567mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 412IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 197mg | Iron: 3mg