Healthy Caramelized Apples
Deliciously simple 5-ingredient recipe for Healthy Caramelized Apples will satisfy your sweet tooth. This recipe is allergy friendly (gluten, dairy, shellfish, nut, egg, and soy free) and suits the autoimmune protocol (AIP), paleo and vegan diets.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 4 Apples peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 4 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Shredded Coconut optional garnish
Melt oil in a medium skillet over high heat.
Add the apples to the pan.
Let them sauté in the pan while stirring occasionally until golden brown, about 5 minutes total. Stirring occasionally.
Stir in syrup, cinnamon and salt then reduce heat to medium.
Let simmer until apples are soft, about 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
Serve warm with shredded coconut, if desired.
- Tips for making the best Healthy Caramelized Apples
- You’ll need a large skillet or cast iron pan for this recipe. See my Best Pans for Chemical Free Cooking post if you need help picking out the best and safest pans.
- The recipe calls for coconut oil as the coconut adds a wonderful flavor to the recipe however you can substitute for avocado oil, which is more neutral tasting.
- This is a super simple recipe and great for beginners.
Serving: 64g | Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 294mg | Potassium: 240mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 98IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1mg