Dehydrated Banana Chips
This Dehydrated Banana Chips recipe is a simple way to make a yummy AIP snack the whole family with love. The recipe has three flavor options: plain, sour and cinnamon. This recipe suits the whole30, vegan, paleo and AIP diets.
Servings: 6 servings
- 6 Bananas cut into 1/8 inch slices
To make Sour Dehydrated Banana Chips
- 1 Lemon juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 pinch Salt
To make Cinnamon Dehydrated Banana Chips
- 2 tablespoons Maple Sugar Omit for whole30, Coconut sugar is a good substitute
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons
- 1/8 teaspoon
To make either the Sour or Cinnamon Dehydrated Banana Chips, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl then toss to coat. To make the plain Dehydrated Banana Chips, skip to the next step.
Place the banana slices in a single layer on the dehydrator shelves.
Cook for 6-7 hours at 160 degrees or until crisp. The plain and sour banana chips will cook faster than the cinnamon.
- Use just ripe bananas to make it easier to slice. They are also less likely to fall apart as you prepare them. However, ripe bananas will definitely be sweeter.
- I’m using a Nesco dehydrator. This recipe fills up all the trays.
- The Cinnamon Dehydrated Banana Chips will take longer to cook than the others. The coconut oil keeps them moist so the cooking time will be much closer to 7 hours. However, if you are inpatient, you can always take them out a little early and eat them semi soft. Some people actually prefer them slightly soft and chewy where they kinda taste like a soft baked banana bread cookie.
- It’s a idea to store these in the fridge as they are preservative free which means they are going to go bad rather quickly. I’d eat them within 7 days, especially if they aren’t completely cooked through.
- Don’t eat all of these by yourself in one sitting which is hard because it just doesn’t seem like a lot of food. But remember, this recipe called for 6 bananas. That’s a lot of sugar and you need to make sure you don’t eat more than your body can tolerate.
Serving: 1banana | Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 57mg | Potassium: 461mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 76IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg