AIP Salmon Cakes
These 30 minute AIP Salmon Cakes recipe is a delicious way to focus on nutrient density. These AIP Salmon Cakes have zero eggs but lots of veggies! This recipe is Paleo, Whole30, and AIP.
Servings: 4 patties
- 4 tablespoons Ghee or Avocado Oil separated
- 2 Celery Ribs diced
- 1 small Onion diced
- 1 Garlic clove chopped
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Dill chopped
- 1 can (5 ounce) Salmon drained
- 1/2 cup White Sweet Potato cooked and mashed (about 1/2 potato)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Tapioca Flour
- AIP Mayo with dill and lemon optional topping
Add 2 tablespoons of ghee to a large fry pan over medium heat. Then add the celery, onion and garlic to the pan. Saute until the onion is translucent about 3 minutes.
Add the celery mixture, salmon, sweet potato, dill, salt and tapioca to a medium sized mixing bowl then set aside.
Combine all the ingredients then divide into 4 patties.
Add another 2 tablespoons of ghee to fry pan over medium heat. Once hot, fry the patties until golden and heated through, about 2-3 minutes each side.
Remove from the heat and serve with AIP Mayo mixed with dill and additional lemon.
- To cook your sweet potato, bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Be gentle when cooking these cakes. They are fragile and will fall apart if you’re not careful.
- The recipe called for canned salmon but canned tuna will work as will fresh cooked salmon.
- I used this type of tapioca flour for this recipe.
- I used my Homemade Ghee for this recipe.
- I used my AIP Mayo recipe with a few tablespoons of chopped dill and slices of lemon as a side for this dish.
Serving: 1pattie | Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 303mg | Potassium: 82mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2374IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg