AIP Black Cherry Ice Cream
Who needs a cherry on top when you can just have AIP Black Cherry Ice Cream? With less than 10 ingredients, you can make this AIP Ice Cream. It’s creamy and sweet just without all the additives, corn syrup and dairy of store-bought.
Servings: 6 servings
High Speed Blender
Ice Cream Maker
- 1 tablespoon Tapioca Powder
- 1 can (14 ounce) Coconut Cream
- 1/2 cup Banana about 1/2 banana
- 3 cups Black Cherries about 15 ounces
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- pinch Sea Salt
To begin, mix tapioca starch and 2 tablespoons of coconut cream, stirring to dissolve and create a “slurry.” Set aside.
In a high-speed blender, combine the rest of the coconut cream and banana. Blend until smooth. Next add the cherries and pulse the blender until the cherries are roughly chopped. If you prefer your ice cream smooth, you can continue blending until the cherries are completed combined.
In a large saucepan, pour in the mixture from the blender as well as the honey to a boil. Stir in tapioca starch slurry and boil for 1 1/2 minutes. Then turn down heat and simmer for 3 minutes, until mixture has slightly thickened and will coat the back of a spoon.
Remove from heat, then stir in lemon juice, vanilla, and salt. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
Pour ice cream mixture into your ice cream maker. If you have a KitchenAid stand mixer attachment, churn the ice cream on low for about 13-15 minutes, until ice cream has the consistency of soft serve.
Remove bowl from ice cream maker and spread ice cream in the bottom of loaf pan or another container. Freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
- If you don’t have a KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker attachment, follow the instructions of your ice cream maker.
- You cannot double this recipe as this batch will fill the Kitchen Aid Ice Cream Maker attachment.
- Do not give your dog this AIP ice cream recipe. Cherry pits, stems and leaves contain cyanide and can be a choking hazard.
- You need to churn the ice cream, so an ice cream maker is essential.
- You can substitute any fruit for black cherries in this recipe.
- You can add about 1 cup chocolate chips as an add-in.
- For the best results I recommend canned Savoy Coconut Cream.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 0.4g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 220mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 1006IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg