Best Chopped Salad
This is the Best Chopped Salad recipe ever! It’s made with fresh spring veggies and a herby salad dressing. It’s the perfect light lunch or side salad. This recipe fits the Autoimmune Protocol diet (AIP), Paleo, Vegan and Allergy Friendly.
For the dressing
- 1 /2 cup Red Wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Scallions
- 3 teaspoon Fresh Herbs I used Thyme, Rosemary and Oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 bunch Cilantro as a garnish (optional)
For the salad
- 1 bunch Asparagus chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 head Iceberg Lettuce shredded
- 2 small Cucumbers shredded
- 3 Carrots peeled and shredded
- 2 Avocados chopped
Combine dressing ingredients in a mason jar. Give it a shake and set aside.
Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Add a pinch of salt.
Boil asparagus pieces for about 2 minutes, until just cooked.
Remove from pan, rinse with cold water, dry and then set aside.
Combine the asparagus, lettuce, carrots, cucumbers and carrots to a large bowl.
Toss to combine.
Toss with salad dressing.
Sprinkle the avocado across the top.
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 484kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 645mg | Potassium: 1217mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 9598IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 4mg