Sauteed Leek Green with Apple and Bacon
Not sure what to do with your leftover leek green? Don’t throw them out. Turn them into this delicious Sautéed Leek Green with Apples and Bacon recipe. This recipe suits the Whole30, Paleo, AIP diets.
Servings: 4 people
- 3 Leek Greens washed thoroughly and chopped
- 3 slices Bacon make sure to get high quality, sugar free from a brand like Pederson’s or US Wellness Meats
- 1 Apple peeled and finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder My favorite is Simply Organics!
Add bacon to a large sauté pan over high heat. Cook the bacon until crispy, about 5 minutes, flipping half way through. Remove the bacon and set aside.
Next add the leek greens to the pan. Cook until soft, about 3 minutes, while string occasionally.
Then add the apples, salt, thyme and garlic powder then continue cooking and stirring until the apples are warmed through, another 3 minutes.
Once finished, transfer to a serving dish.
Crumble the bacon over the top of the dish to serve.
- Make sure to clean the leeks thoroughly using this method.
- This recipe moves quickly so have all your ingredients ready to go.
- This dish goes well as a side with a juicy pork chop or steak.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 269mg | Potassium: 202mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1137IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 2mg