Cocktails are my jam. This one is great for a small get-together. It makes just enough persimmon puree for 6 servings which is about one bottle of champagne.
I love persimmons and eat them every time they are in-season. Surprisingly, I didn’t have any recipes on the site. Persimmons usually don’t last long enough for me to make anything out of them as we eat them like apples. In fact, as the persimmons spilled out of my shopping bag from the grocery store, my husband instantly reached for a few. I had to stop him otherwise he would have eaten them on the spot.
Spicy Persimmon Sparkler
- 2 Fuyu Persimmons chopped
- 1 ounce Honey
- 1 ounce Water
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- pinch Ground Cloves
- Bottle of Champagne AIP Reintroduction
- Blend the persimmon, water, cinnamon and cloves using an immersion blender or a small blender.
- Pour a 1-2 tablespoons of the persimmon mixture into champagne glasses.
- Top each glass with champagne.
- Serve with a slice of persimmon.