This Tri Tip Spinach Salad with a Creamy Cucumber Dill Dressing recipe started as a cucumber salad that I used as a side to steak. The cucumber salad was underwhelming and I was about to add it to my list of recipe failures but I looked over at my boyfriend and he’s eating it with the steak and asking for spinach. Hello! Why didn’t I think of that?!? I grabbed some spinach, topped it with the cucumber salad and steak. It needed a few tweaks to the recipe but I ultimately came up with this yummy salad. The steak can be leftover cold tri tip or hot, right off the grill. You can also make the dressing up to a day in advance so all you need to do is assemble for dinner. Either way, it’s delicious.
Tri Tip Spinach Salad with a Creamy Cucumber Dill Dressing
- 1 pound Tri Tip grilled or pan fried to your taste (rare, medium or well done) and then sliced
- 1 pound Fresh Spinach washed
- 3/4 cup Coconut Yogurt
- 1 pound Persian Cucumbers halved and then sliced
- 1 small Sweet Onion finely diced, about 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoons Dill Pickle Juice or White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dried Dill
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Divide the spinach into 4 serving bowls and then set aside.
- To make the dressing, combine the yogurt, cucumbers, onion, pickle juice, dried dill and salt in a medium size bowl and then stir until the cucumbers are coated.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the cucumber dill dressing equally over the spinach in the serving bowls.
- Top each bowl with equal amounts of the sliced tri top and then serve.