When you start AIP, you quickly realize that roasted veggies are a lifesaver. They are easy to put together, really versatile and can feed an army. This recipe for Roasted Root Vegetables uses radishes, sweet potatoes and beets with just a few other ingredients to make a colorful and hearty veggie side dish.
This recipe could easily be adapted using other root veggies or spices. If you’re swapping out root veggies, make sure that they are all the same size so that they will cook at the same pace. My go-to spice blend is my Homemade Italian Seasonings but Primal Palate sells a variety of spices that could work depending upon your food restrictions and tastes. I’ve never used them but they are AIP friendly and have heard good things.
Roasted Root Vegetables
- 4 bunches of Radishes cut into 1/4-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 Golden Beets cut into 1/4-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Sweet Potato cut into 1/4-1/2 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil coconut oil or lard would be a good substitute
- 1 tablespoon Homemade Italian Seasonings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and then toss.
- Pour onto a baking sheet and then place in the oven
- Roast the root vegetables for 20 minutes minutes and then toss.
- Place back in the oven and let cook for another 15 minutes or until the vegetables are fork tender.